Campaign Viral Chart: Down Syndrome future mom ad doubles shares
By Ben Hall, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 March 2014 08:37AM
Coordown, the Italian Down Syndrome charity, has achieved the most-shared ad status this week, beating Wren Studio's "first kiss", which has dropped seven places after two weeks at the top.
The Coordown ad, created by Saatchi & Saatchi Italy, shows people with Down Syndrome offering advice to a mother who is expecting a baby that has been diagnosed with the syndrome. At the end of the two-minute video, the speakers’ mothers join them on screen.
This week, the ad was shared 516,589 times – almost double its total last week.
"First kiss", which was created by Tatia Pilieva, ranks seventh this week. The ad, which shows supposed strangers kissing for the first time, was shared 51,453 times in the past seven days.
Elsewhere, an ad for Durex, created by TMW, was shared 83,262 times this week. The ad promotes the condom brand's #turnofftoturnon campaign around Earth Hour, in which consumers are encouraged to turn off all electricity for one hour.
The video features couples in romantic settings being distracted by smartphones and tablet devices, before rediscovering each other and turning off their devices. They then retire to their bedrooms where the lights are turned off.
The ad then shows lights across famous landmarks, such as the Houses of Parliament and the Taj Mahal, being extinguished. It was shared 83,262 times this week and ranks fourth in the chart.
The chart is collated and ranked based on data provided by Unruly lists ads on YouTube by the number of shares across Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere. Ads older than 30 days are not included.
1. Coordown "dear future mom" by Saatchi & Saatchi, Italy
516,589 shares this week | 702,987 shares all-time
2. Samsung "samsung galaxy s5 : official hands-on" created in-house
188,135 shares this week | 381,693 shares all-time
3. Chanel "she's not there" by Joe Wright
187,624 shares this week | 192,624 shares all-time
4. Durex "durex #turnofftoturnon - official" by TMW
83,262 shares this week | 85,196 shares all-time
5. Twentieth Century Fox "peanuts" created in-house
79,833 shares this week | 190,514 shares all-time
6. Pepsi "unbelievable" by AMV BBDO
78,432 shares this week | 78,432 shares all-time
7. Wren Clothing "first kiss" by Tatia Pilieva
51,453 shares this week | 1,416,452 shares all-time
8. Samsung "samsung gear 2, samsung gear fit : official hands-on" created in-house
44,699 shares this week | 120,268 shares all-time
9. Assassin's Creed "assassin's creed unity sneak peek video" created in-house
32,303 shares this week | 32,303 shares all-time
10. Battlefield "battlefield 4 naval strike official trailer" created in-house
21,188 shares this week | 29,484 shares all-time
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Digital Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £80000 per annum, London
- Digital Designer Mobile - ASAP Nakama £250 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Studio Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood