Batchelors targets supermums with Deli Box ad
Batchelors is targeting do-it-all mums in a new £1.4 million TV campaign for its Deli Box range.
McCann London created the spot, called "awesome mums", which launches during an episode of ‘Daybreak’ today and will run until 1 June. It is the first time that Batchelors has advertised its Deli Box noodles and pastas on TV.
The over-the-top ad shows a group of mums walking down a street and solving everybody’s problems as they go – one makes a balloon animal for her son, as another throws her confused-looking husband his missing car keys.
One of the women prepares a Deli Box while simultaneously tapping on her smartphone. This is too much for a passing milkman who crashes his float, creating an impressive explosion that the mums walk away from without turning their heads.
At the end of the ad, a message – "lunch that doesn’t break your stride" – appears on the screen.
Sonjay Prabhakar – who remixed David Bowie's ‘Sound and Vision’ for a Sony ad for McCann London in 2013 – created the track for the ad.
The Batchelors work was created by Simon Hepton and Matthew Crabtree, and directed by Joseph Kahn through HSI. Carat handled the media planning.
McCann London has worked on Batchelors, which is owned by Premier Foods, since 2012. McCann has been on Premier Foods’ roster since 2007 and added Batchelors to the Lloyd Grossman account, in a consolidation that saw the brands move from Dare.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Project Manager Purple Consultancy £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Digital Account Executive - Entertainment, Music & Luxury!! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £25000 per annum + Great Benefits Package , London
- Head of Marketing EMR | Specialist Marketing Recruitment £100000 - £110000 per annum, North West England
- Senior Creative Designer createselect Up to £50,000 pa, depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Internal Communications Officer Brand Recruitment £35000 per annum + plus exceptional benefits, Cambridge