Lida wins Alzheimer's Society's direct and digital
By Mark Banham, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 02 April 2014 03:34PM
Lida has been awarded the direct and digital fundraising account for dementia charity the Alzheimer's Society following a competitive pitch.
The agency has been charged with creating campaigns to increase the number of supporters the charity has as well as encouraging more people to participate in its events such as the Memory Walks that take place each autumn.
The consultancy Freestyle Marketing handled the pitch process, which was separate from the charity's ongoing pitch to find an advertising agency to create a brand campaign.
Jon Bodenham, the fundraising director at the Alzheimer’s Society, said: "Dementia is arguably the largest health issue we currently face as a society. However charitable support does not currently reflect this.
"Lida’s direct and digital reputation and experience in developing and delivering effective, strategic campaigns speaks volumes and we were impressed by their understanding of our challenge."
There are currently 800,000 people affected by dementia in the UK and by 2021 there are predicted to be up to one million people with the disease.
Matthew Heath, chairman and chief strategy officer at Lida, said he was "confident" that the agency would "deliver a deep customer engagement strategy that in turn will help improve the lives of people with dementia".
The Government’s health body Public Health England hired DLKW Lowe to create a major dementia campaign over the next two years after a competitive pitch.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- PPC Specialist - Amazing Digital Brand ADLIB £22k - £28k, Bristol
- Research Executive Hasson Associates £23000 - £26000 per annum, London
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant