Wilkinson rebrands to Wilko in TV campaign
Wilkinson, the household goods retailer, has launched a TV campaign featuring ship-proud pirates, to announce its rebrand as Wilko.
TBWA\Manchester created three humorous TV spots as part of the campaign, which takes the idea of domestic one-upmanship back to pirate times.
In each spot, a pirate captain sees a rival ship approaching and orders his men to go to Wilko to buy supplies to spruce up his vessel.
The first TV spot airs today. The campaign was written by Zoe Harris, art directed by Ant Harris, and directed by Zak Emerson through Blink. Manning Gottlieb OMD handled the media planning and buying.
The campaign is the first work TBWA\Manchester has created for Wilko since winning the brand’s creative account in January. Wilko used True Story for its 2013 ad campaign.
Fergus McCallum, TBWA\Manchester’s chief executive officer said: "Wilko wanted to take a brave and disruptive approach, which for us makes for a great brief.
"We’ve developed what is hopefully a memorable rallying cry that encapsulates Wilko’s can-do spirit and have brought this to life with an ad campaign designed to excite and entertain people to reappraise the quality, value and breadth of their offer."
Wilko has 370 shops across the UK, with 23,000 employees and sales of £1.5 billion.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Account Manager/Senior Account Manager Brand Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Milton Keynes
- Marketing and Communications Manager Brand Recruitment £65000 per annum + exceptional benefits, St. Albans
- Paid Social Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £36000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Digital Planner - Creative Ultimate Asset £30000 - £32000 per annum, London