Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
Unilever has created a YouTube channel filled with hair styling tutorials from well-known video bloggers as a platform to advertise a range of its hair brands.
The channel, called 'All Things Hair', marks the first time that Unilever has advertised multiple brands as part of the same campaign. The brands involved include Toni & Guy, Dove and VO5.
The channel uses Google data to determine what hair advice women are searching for. It then forwards these queries on to a team of video bloggers who create instructional films.
The bloggers already have substantial followings on YouTube. Two of them – Zoella and Tania – have more than one million followers each. The bloggers, who are from the UK and Canada, are paid by Unilever for their contributions.
Razorfish created the concept and designed the YouTube channel, which is still in Beta testing. The final version will allow viewers to purchase any featured products with a click.
The project was created by Julie Barnes and Kathrin Burckhardt. Malin Hanås was the creative director. Mindshare UK & Canada handled the media planning and buying.
Razorfish has been working with Unilever since 2008.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Regional Marketing Manager Mortimer Spinks £37000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Milton Keynes
- Digital Content Manager Pitch Consultants £32000 - £36000 per annum + benefits, West Midlands
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Creative/Digital Artworker AF Selection £24,000 - £28,000 + excellent benefits , Warwickshire
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control