British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
By Mark Banham, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 22 April 2014 08:59AM
Forward3D, the digital agency, has been appointed to handle British Airways' global paid search activity, following a pitch process run by the airline's internal marketing team.
Forward3D will now join the corporate specialist agency Ayima on the British Airways digital roster, after Ayima picked up the organic search brief for the airline.
Digitas LBi was the incumbent agency on both search briefs, but is understood to have resigned the business that it had held for a decade due to its increasing work with rival airline Virgin Atlantic. Digitas LBi declined to comment.
Forward3D will run activity for the airline across all of its flight routes, as well as holiday packages covering more than 57 markets. The agency will be supported by its international division, Locaria, which has offices in London, New York, Shanghai and Seoul.
The search engine optimisation pitch was part of a wider pitch that included online display and pay-per-click. Forward3D also won the British Airways pay-per-click advertising, in final pitch shoot out with iProspect.
Dentsu Aegis networks Carat and iProspect won the online display advertising, after being awarded the media account in August 2013.
The search revamp follows British Airways handing its entire advertising and CRM account to Bartle Bogle Hegarty last month, along with the advertising account, which BBH retained.
The awarding of the CRM account led to BBH setting up a specific division to handle the specialist brief, headed by veteran direct marketers Simon Hall and Warren Moore.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Creative Services / Print Production Managers Network Career Consultants £36000 - £42000 per annum, Berkshire
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad