MediaCom snatches £80m eBay EMEA media
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 May 2014 02:21PM
WPP's MediaCom has been appointed as eBay's lead media planning and buying agency across its £82 million EMEA account, unseating the incumbents including Carat, Fetch and Essence.
EBay has awarded MediaCom its pan-regional business, which was previously divided between agencies such as Carat, Fetch and Essence. The other three agencies will continue to work with the online retailer on some briefs.
Carat began working with eBay in November 2008, when it was appointed to work on a pre-Christmas project. The Dentsu Aegis Network agency became eBay’s European lead media agency in 2011.
Rafael Orta, the vice-president and interim chief marketing officer at eBay Marketplaces EU, said: "As we strive to be Europe’s leading shopping destination, our marketing programme needs to be more ambitious than ever and we are delighted to have selected a media planning and buying agency that shares our passion for our brand."
MediaCom will now manage all media planning and buying across on and offline channels, acting as the lead agency as part of a wider WPP team and working closely with its WPP sister agency neo@ogilvy.
Nick Lawson, the EMEA chief executive of MediaCom, said: "EBay was one of the pioneers of the digital revolution that has transformed the way we do business, buy goods and services and live our lives.
"Ensuring that it remains a leader in a world that continues to change dramatically every day will be our number one goal".
EBay was founded in 1995 and claims to have 128 million active users globally.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Director Business Development - TRAVEL- HOTELS Ultimate Asset £60000 - £80000 per annum + BONUS & BENEFITS, City of London
- E-mail Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum + benefits, Skelmersdale
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers