Norwegian Air hires M&C Saatchi
Norwegian Air Shuttle has appointed M&C Saatchi as its first global advertising agency, ahead of major expansion plans.
The account will be led by the agency’s Stockholm office, with strong support from London. The move ends the airline’s previous seven-year relationship with the Norwegian agency, Kitchen.
The low-cost airline has big ambitions and is led by the chief executive, Bjørn Kjos, who The Wall Street Journal has called "Scandinavia’s answer to Richard Branson".
Stine Steffensen-Børke, marketing director at Norwegian, said: "It's been a difficult process to choose an agency to serve Norwegian globally.
"The agency has a nimble network with a high degree of flexibility and key staff with extensive international experience, necessary skills to ensure a solid global awareness. M&C Saatchi will be an important partner for us."
The airline kicked off a pitch process in January and met around 15 agencies based in London and the Nordics. It was looking for an agency to raise awareness, particularly in the Nordics, North America and Germany.
Norwegian is launching a series of low-cost long-haul flights from Gatwick Airport in July.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Planner Buyer - Revolutionary Media Agency!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £25000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits , City of London
- Marketing Manager Dot-Gap £30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief