Campaign Viral Chart: Nike 'winner stays' enters in top position
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 02 May 2014 11:28AM
Nike's "winner stays" ad staring footballers Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney and Neymar, is the most-shared branded video this week, as it makes its debut in the Campaign Viral Chart.
The film, which was launched last week, is the second instalment of Nike’s "risk everything" campaign. The global TV spot was created by Wieden & Kennedy Portland and has been shared 717,0006 times in the past week.
It opens on a playing field, where two teams of young men play a game of football, with the agreement that the winning team can stay on the pitch. As they play, the youths transform into their footballing heroes.
Castrol's "footkhana" campaign, which fuses motorsports and football, takes the second spot in the chart, falling from top position last week.
Meanwhile, a video from Belgian classical music festival B-Classic also makes a reappearance in the chart at number eight. It sets a classical piece from a Dvorák symphony to a video of girls dancing in a pop-music style.
The chart is collated and ranked based on data provided by Unruly. It lists ads on YouTube by the number of shares across Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere. Ads older than 30 days are not included.
1. Nike Football "nike football: winner stays. ft. ronaldo, neymar jr., rooney, ibrahimovic, iniesta & more" by Wieden & Kennedy
717,006 shares this week | 717,006 shares all-time
2. Castrol "castrol footkhana: neymar jr. v ken block" by EARN Media
204,718 shares this week | 851,499 shares all-time
3. Cardstore "world's toughest job - #worldstoughestjob - official video"
110,348 shares this week | 130,604 shares all-time
4. Adidas Football "¿qué significa ser del real madrid?" Created in-house
81,100 shares this week | 53,557 shares all-time
5. Ume.net "living with lag - an oculus rift experiment" by MoFilm/RSA
53,557 shares this week | 1,181,842 shares all-time
6. P&G "unsung hero" (official hd) : tvc thai life insurance 2014 : ??????????????????? 2557" by Wieden + Kennedy
53,418 shares this week | 49,855 shares all-time
7. New York Rescue Mission "have the homeless become invisible?"
43,492 shares this week | 188,535 shares all-time
8. B-Classic "dvorák - symphony no. 9 allegro con fuoco (official music video)"
38,166 shares this week | 32,131 shares all-time
9. Cornetto Turkey "yalin - yeniden"
37,350 shares this week | shares all-time
10. Nissan Europe "nissan develops first 'self-cleaning' car prototype"
33,626 shares this week | shares all-time
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of Resource The Industry Club London Ltd 55 - 60K, LONDON, SE1
- Global Digital Manager - Dubai Dot-Gap £47k, London Central
- Global Strategic Planning + Insight Exec Dot-Gap £31k, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Global Account Exec - Cross Media Dot-Gap £31k , United Arab Emirates (AE)
- Global Media Manager - Cross Media Dot-Gap £47k , Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile