Ford backs European Mustang launch with epic TV spot
Ford is backing the launch of its Mustang car in Europe with a multiplatform campaign that will allow customers to pre-order the vehicle during the Champions League final on Saturday 24 May.
The ad campaign, created by WPP’s creative agency for Ford, Blue Hive, includes a TV and cinema ad, print ads, a digital experience at Ford.com, social media and a pop-up shop where customers can pre-order one of the new cars.
Filip Tellander directed the TV spot, which features a Ford Mustang driving through empty European roads such as the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin, Regent Street in London, Piazza del Colosseo in Rome, through B-Reel.
The campaign was written and art directed by the creative director Steve Clarke. The print art director was Vangelis Tolias and the print photographer was Uwe Düttmann.
Karin Onsager-Birch, the executive creative director of Blue Hive, said: "We wanted to signal the arrival of an icon in Europe with something truly epic – the dream of the open road but retooled for a whole new continent."
The full 30-second ad airs for the first time on Thursday (22 May) as part of the campaign, which was planned and bought by WPP's Mindshare.
Ford is an official partner of the Uefa Champions League.
The first Mustang cars will be delivered in 2015.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £38000 per annum, London
- Strategic Change/Engagement Consultant Stopgap £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Senior PPC Digital Marketing Executive Carnival UK Up to £40,000 (DOE) + company pension and superb benefits , Southampton
- Project Manager Purple Consultancy £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Tesco moves £90m media account to MediaCom
- Viacom pulls plug on C5 sales: more than 90 jobs to go
- Battersea's digital dog 'follows' shoppers in outdoor campaign
- Lego launches Facebook campaign that asks kids to create a kronkiwongi
- Pedigree launches global 'feed the good' campaign with BBDO
- Twitter hunts for UK agencies