Operatic band Collabro help Britain's Got Talent final reach highs of 12.7 million
By Ian Griggs, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 09 June 2014 11:31AM
A boy band with a difference helped push peak audience figures for this year's Britain's Got Talent final past 12 million on Saturday night.
A five-piece operatic boy band called Collabro won the annual talent contest with a rendition of 'Stars' from the musical 'Les Miserables', while another opera act, Lucy Kay was the runner up.
The final of the 2014 series drew a 15-minute peak of 11.8 million and a five-minute peak of 12.7 million viewers as well as a 55 per cent share of viewing, the highest five-minute peak audience of the series.
Between 7pm and 9.30pm, the show attracted an average audience of 10.7 million viewers and a 51 per cent share of viewers, the highest average of this series.
It compares to Simon Cowell's ITV show in 2013 achieving a five-minute peak of 13.1 million and a 57 per cent share.
The finale's average audience figure of 11.1 million viewers, a 51.4 per cent audience share, was also slightly down year on year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR for Brand Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael Day rate c£275-£300, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Branding Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael c£150-£170+ day rate depending on experience , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Strategist / Planner - FREELANCE Royds Raphael £350-£450 day rate, London (Central), London (Greater)
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - Brand Comms Agency Royds Raphael £35K-£50K+bonus+bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham