Operatic band Collabro help Britain's Got Talent final reach highs of 12.7 million
By Ian Griggs, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 09 June 2014 11:31AM
A boy band with a difference helped push peak audience figures for this year's Britain's Got Talent final past 12 million on Saturday night.
A five-piece operatic boy band called Collabro won the annual talent contest with a rendition of 'Stars' from the musical 'Les Miserables', while another opera act, Lucy Kay was the runner up.
The final of the 2014 series drew a 15-minute peak of 11.8 million and a five-minute peak of 12.7 million viewers as well as a 55 per cent share of viewing, the highest five-minute peak audience of the series.
Between 7pm and 9.30pm, the show attracted an average audience of 10.7 million viewers and a 51 per cent share of viewers, the highest average of this series.
It compares to Simon Cowell's ITV show in 2013 achieving a five-minute peak of 13.1 million and a 57 per cent share.
The finale's average audience figure of 11.1 million viewers, a 51.4 per cent audience share, was also slightly down year on year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Publicity Manager Stopgap £47000 per annum + 12 month FTC, London
- Account Manager and Senior Account Manager air recruitment £32k - £38k dependent on your experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Domino's Pizza launches TV ad for cheese and smokey bacon stuffed crust