PHD and OgilvyOne take home two Gold Lions in Media
By Ian Griggs, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 17 June 2014 08:30PM
PHD and OgilvyOne both received two Gold Lions in Media at the Cannes Lions ceremony this evening, as UK agencies converted half of their 18 nominations in the Media shortlist.
PHD got both its Gold Lions for its all-Lego ad break for ‘The Lego Movie’, while OgilvyOne received two Gold Lions for its "magic of flying" campaign for BA.
R/GA London also bagged a Gold Lion for its "the Beats pills" work for Beats By Dr Dre.
Publicis London took home a Silver Lion for "fuck the poor", its campaign for the youth homelessness charity The Pilion Trust.
Ogilvy & Mather London picked up two Bronze Lions for its "travel yourself interesting" work with Expedia. PHD also worked on the campaign.
OMD UK also received a Bronze Lion for "the book that made me" for Waterstones.
The UK won a total of nine Media Lions this year, down from 12 awards in 2013. However, only one Gold Lion was awarded to UK agencies last year compared with five this year.
The UK was just pipped to first place in Media by the US’s ten Media Lions. The Netherlands was in third place with three awards.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Junior Recruitment Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Design Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Global Design Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Category Development Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 per annum, London
- Tesco moves £90m media account to MediaCom
- Viacom pulls plug on C5 sales: more than 90 jobs to go
- Battersea's digital dog 'follows' shoppers in outdoor campaign
- Lego launches Facebook campaign that asks kids to create a kronkiwongi
- Pedigree launches global 'feed the good' campaign with BBDO
- Twitter hunts for UK agencies