PHD and OgilvyOne take home two Gold Lions in Media
By Ian Griggs, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 17 June 2014 08:30PM
PHD and OgilvyOne both received two Gold Lions in Media at the Cannes Lions ceremony this evening, as UK agencies converted half of their 18 nominations in the Media shortlist.
PHD got both its Gold Lions for its all-Lego ad break for ‘The Lego Movie’, while OgilvyOne received two Gold Lions for its "magic of flying" campaign for BA.
R/GA London also bagged a Gold Lion for its "the Beats pills" work for Beats By Dr Dre.
Publicis London took home a Silver Lion for "fuck the poor", its campaign for the youth homelessness charity The Pilion Trust.
Ogilvy & Mather London picked up two Bronze Lions for its "travel yourself interesting" work with Expedia. PHD also worked on the campaign.
OMD UK also received a Bronze Lion for "the book that made me" for Waterstones.
The UK won a total of nine Media Lions this year, down from 12 awards in 2013. However, only one Gold Lion was awarded to UK agencies last year compared with five this year.
The UK was just pipped to first place in Media by the US’s ten Media Lions. The Netherlands was in third place with three awards.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Planner-Luxury Clients-Not to be missed!!! SYLEX Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, London
- Senior Project Manager -Global Integrated Agency Story Recruitment Up to £50K + fantastic benefits and career progression., London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Digital Marketing Co-ordinator JV Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, Preston
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure