UK wins three Mobile Lions
By Ian Griggs, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 17 June 2014 08:30PM
UK agencies won three Lions in Mobile at the Cannes Lions awards ceremony this evening, while the Grand Prix went to FCB Brasil for work for Nivea Fun Kids.
McCann London won a Silver Lion for its "friend compass" work with the travel comparison website company Momondo Group.
R/GA London was also a winner with a Bronze Lion for its work for Beats Music, while JWT London picked up Bronze Lion for "Android Kit-Kat", its work for Nestle.
Leading the way for awards in the mobile category was Brazil, with 12 wins, including the Grand Prix, three Silver Lions, three Gold Lions and five Bronze Lions.
The Grand Prix went to "the protection ad" for Nivea Sun Kids, which was created by FCB Brasil and involved a wrist strap for kids that linked to a mobile ad in case children ran off while on the beach.
In second place was the US with two Golds, two Silvers and six Bronze Lions.
Last year, UK agencies received three Lions, including a Gold Lion for SapientNitro’s "get cash" for Royal Bank of Scotland.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Business Development Manager - Design & Marketing Agency ADLIB up to £30k + car, Bristol
- Senior Planner Â– Digital, Insights & CRM ADLIB £40000 - £50000 per annum, Bristol Avon
- Exhibition and Museum Designer (Vectorworks) Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Account Manager - Successful Integrated Agency ADLIB £23k - £30k , Bristol
- Digital Account Manager / Project Manager -Web Build & Campaigns ADLIB £30000 - £35000 per annum, Swindon
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers