UK wins three Mobile Lions
By Ian Griggs, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 17 June 2014 08:30PM
UK agencies won three Lions in Mobile at the Cannes Lions awards ceremony this evening, while the Grand Prix went to FCB Brasil for work for Nivea Fun Kids.
McCann London won a Silver Lion for its "friend compass" work with the travel comparison website company Momondo Group.
R/GA London was also a winner with a Bronze Lion for its work for Beats Music, while JWT London picked up Bronze Lion for "Android Kit-Kat", its work for Nestle.
Leading the way for awards in the mobile category was Brazil, with 12 wins, including the Grand Prix, three Silver Lions, three Gold Lions and five Bronze Lions.
The Grand Prix went to "the protection ad" for Nivea Sun Kids, which was created by FCB Brasil and involved a wrist strap for kids that linked to a mobile ad in case children ran off while on the beach.
In second place was the US with two Golds, two Silvers and six Bronze Lions.
Last year, UK agencies received three Lions, including a Gold Lion for SapientNitro’s "get cash" for Royal Bank of Scotland.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Middleweight Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25,000 - £30,000, Birmingham
- Account Director Stopgap £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad