UK wins three Mobile Lions
By Ian Griggs, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 17 June 2014 08:30PM
UK agencies won three Lions in Mobile at the Cannes Lions awards ceremony this evening, while the Grand Prix went to FCB Brasil for work for Nivea Fun Kids.
McCann London won a Silver Lion for its "friend compass" work with the travel comparison website company Momondo Group.
R/GA London was also a winner with a Bronze Lion for its work for Beats Music, while JWT London picked up Bronze Lion for "Android Kit-Kat", its work for Nestle.
Leading the way for awards in the mobile category was Brazil, with 12 wins, including the Grand Prix, three Silver Lions, three Gold Lions and five Bronze Lions.
The Grand Prix went to "the protection ad" for Nivea Sun Kids, which was created by FCB Brasil and involved a wrist strap for kids that linked to a mobile ad in case children ran off while on the beach.
In second place was the US with two Golds, two Silvers and six Bronze Lions.
Last year, UK agencies received three Lions, including a Gold Lion for SapientNitro’s "get cash" for Royal Bank of Scotland.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- INTERIM BRAND MANAGER NEW YORK BAKERY COMPANY Competitive + Benefits, Heathrow, Hounslow
- Quant Retail Research Director - Medium sized agency Elizabeth Norman International £70000 - £100000 per annum, South East England
- PR Associate Director Major Players £55000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, London
- Account Director Dynamic New Alliances £47000.00 per annum, City of London
- Senior Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £33000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, City of London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show