OMD Worldwide's de Nardis on the rise of storytelling and data in Cannes
One of the two biggest topics in Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity 2014 have centred on storytelling and the importance of data. OMD Worldwide's global chief Mainardo de Nardis talks to us about the significance of both.
media leader said data is "captured, handled, managed, and then is distributed to make sure we can make a difference to any marketing programme".
Data, alongside storytelling, is "really shaping our industry", de Nardis added: "Without storytelling, we go back to 30 second spots, which is not the way our brains need to be communicated to create real engagement with the target audience."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Head of Film Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Executive B2B Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Head of Digital Strategy Ball & Hoolahan £90,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager Pitch Consultants £35000 - £40000 per annum, West Midlands
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film