Albion hires BT Sport presenter as head of data
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 June 2014 10:17AM
Albion has hired ITV presenter and social media pundit, Christian Howes, to lead its data and performance marketing arm, Albion Cell.
The presenter is best known for presenting news and social media trends on BT Sport Live, as well as 'The Hub' on ITV's 'The Clare Balding Show'.
He was also appeared on Channel 5’s' Big Brother' companion show, 'Bit on the Side'.
Howes joins as head of data at Albion Cell, replacing Mark Thomson, who left in April to join Havas EHS in the same role.
In his new role, Howes will oversee the day-to-day management of the Albion Cell team, which has three members of staff and clients including King.com, musicMagpie and Smart Cells.
He will also be responsible for integrating Albion Cell’s data-driven approach into the bigger agency.
Howes has 15 years of digital marketing experience and has worked at companies including freerange360, Urban Airship and Webtrends. He also worked in web analytics at companies including Which?, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe and Panasonic Mobile Communications.
Jason Goodman, chief executive and founder of Albion, said: "We put data at the heart of everything we do at Albion, so are delighted to have Christian join us to lead the Albion Cell team.
"To have his personality, knowledge and ambition join the team is truly exciting, and I can’t wait to see how the Albion Cell offering develops in the coming 12 months."
Howes said: "I’m excited to take Albion Cell’s offering to the next level and to use data in an innovative way to create even more effective campaigns."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Brand & Packaging Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England
- Junior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £32,000 + benefits , London (Greater)
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000, London (Greater)
- Client Services Director - Brand Marketing Agency ADLIB £60k - £65k, Bath
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake