Disney characters used in shocking anti-incest campaign
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 June 2014 03:11PM
Disney film characters Sleeping Beauty, Ariel, and Princess Jasmine, are being used in a shocking poster campaign to raise awareness about incest.
The images by anonymous Middle Eastern artist, Saint Hoax, show the princesses from Disney’s popular animated films, 'The Little Mermaid', 'Aladdin' and 'Sleeping Beauty', being forcibly kissed by their fathers.
The three pieces, called, "Princest Diaries" aim to raise awareness that a high proportion of sexual abuse against young people is carried out by family members, according to the posters.
Saint Hoax’s website says the work is "an awareness campaign targeting minors who have been subject to sexual abuse by a family member.
"The aim of the poster series is to encourage victims to report their cases in order for the authorities to prevent it from happening again."
Saint Hoax creates art which often features political leaders and figures from pop culture. One piece titled "cereal killers" shows images of leaders like Kim Jong-un and Vladimir Putin on breakfast cereal boxes.
Saint Hoax did not reply to requests for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- PPC Manager Major Players £28000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, London
- New Business Executive Dynamic New Alliances £19000.00 - £23000.00 per annum, City of London
- LEAD UI DESIGNER - MOBILE & WEB APPS - LONDON - £60-70K Salt £60000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £28000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £34000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Twitter hunts for UK marketer as it targets £180m ad revenues
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote
- Dave Trott at Ad Week Europe: Ads have become overcomplicated