Disney characters used in shocking anti-incest campaign
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 June 2014 03:11PM
Disney film characters Sleeping Beauty, Ariel, and Princess Jasmine, are being used in a shocking poster campaign to raise awareness about incest.
The images by anonymous Middle Eastern artist, Saint Hoax, show the princesses from Disney’s popular animated films, 'The Little Mermaid', 'Aladdin' and 'Sleeping Beauty', being forcibly kissed by their fathers.
The three pieces, called, "Princest Diaries" aim to raise awareness that a high proportion of sexual abuse against young people is carried out by family members, according to the posters.
Saint Hoax’s website says the work is "an awareness campaign targeting minors who have been subject to sexual abuse by a family member.
"The aim of the poster series is to encourage victims to report their cases in order for the authorities to prevent it from happening again."
Saint Hoax creates art which often features political leaders and figures from pop culture. One piece titled "cereal killers" shows images of leaders like Kim Jong-un and Vladimir Putin on breakfast cereal boxes.
Saint Hoax did not reply to requests for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Creative Recruitment Consultant, Digital/Direct Marketing Consultancy Direct Recruitment 25k-59k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad