Mattessons makes Luis Suárez a tempting offer
Mattessons has published ads offering Luis Suárez a job as an official meat taster, after the Uruguayan footballer yesterday (30 June) apologised for biting an opponent during a World Cup match.
In activity created by Saatchi & Saatchi, the snack brand bought a full-page ad in the Daily Star and published a letter from Christopher Owen, the meats category director, offering Suárez a job.
The humorous letter goes on to say that Mattessons has been inspired by the footballer’s appetite to develop a new range of flavours, including "Chelsea Right Back".
In addition to the letter, Mattessons also placed a classified ad in The Metro newspaper this morning that says: "World class biter required." It then goes on to offer Suárez a job specifically, and asks him to respond on Twitter if he is interested.
A host of brands including Snickers, Paddy Power and Specsavers have all posted tactical ads on social media referencing Suárez biting the Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini during a 2014 Fifa World Cup match on 24 June 2014.
Mattessons has already published several posts on Twitter under its Fridge Raiders brand, referencing the incident.
This is the third time that Suárez has been accused of biting an opponent during his professional career.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- B2B Lead Generation Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £20000 - £40000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- Out of Home Sales - Huge digital potential! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £75000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Planning Manager - Unique Opportunity! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits, London
- Comms Manager - Top 5 global media agency - GAMING ACCOUNT Ultimate Asset £4000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Broadcast / Online Planning Manager -Leading Media Owner Aspire £45000.00 - £46000.00 per annum, London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile