Vizeum beats OMD in final shoot out for £40m Camelot media
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 02 July 2014 02:00PM
Camelot, the operator of The National Lottery, has consolidated its £40 million media planning and buying account into Vizeum, after a final two-way shoot out against one of the incumbents, OMD UK.
OMD and Havas Media previously shared the account, with OMD handling media buying and Havas Media working on media planning. Havas was knocked out earlier in the pitch process.
Camelot began the review in March, in reaction to what it called the "increasingly complex and fragmented" media landscape.
Camelot operates brands including Lotto, EuroMillions and National Lottery Instants.
Sally Cowdry, the marketing and consumer director of Camelot, said: "Today’s increasingly fragmented and complex media landscape has led to a significant shift of consumer behaviour.
"We were highly impressed with the quality of work submitted by all agencies throughout the pitch process and would like to thank them all for their hard work.
"Vizeum has a fantastic track record across both the traditional and digital media landscapes, and presented some truly unique and exciting ideas. We are very much looking forward to working with them on our new integrated media brief."
Oystercatchers managed the review process.
Richard Morris, the managing director of Vizeum, said: "We are, of course, thrilled to be partnering with Camelot.
"The National Lottery makes millionaires and funds National Lottery projects, changing lives on a personal, local and national level – we are looking forward to helping bring these stories to life.
"This creates a massive opportunity for media to demonstrate the power of The National Lottery through a digitally-integrated approach."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- International Account Director - Media Agency (Benelux & Scandinavia Regions) Silverdrum £45,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Business Director Twist Recruitment £90000.00 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Digital Marketing Manager - £60K - Fashion - Buckinghams Salt £55000 - £65000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- Italian Marketing Executive, Travel, Soho Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £27000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: +Bonus & Benefits, London
- Private Bank - Digital Marketing, eCRM Campaign & Marketing Operations Manager - Associate - London J.P.Morgan JPMorgan Chase & Co. offer an exceptional benefits program and highly competitive compensation., Knightsbridge
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'