Vizeum beats OMD in final shoot out for £40m Camelot media
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 02 July 2014 02:00PM
Camelot, the operator of The National Lottery, has consolidated its £40 million media planning and buying account into Vizeum, after a final two-way shoot out against one of the incumbents, OMD UK.
OMD and Havas Media previously shared the account, with OMD handling media buying and Havas Media working on media planning. Havas was knocked out earlier in the pitch process.
Camelot began the review in March, in reaction to what it called the "increasingly complex and fragmented" media landscape.
Camelot operates brands including Lotto, EuroMillions and National Lottery Instants.
Sally Cowdry, the marketing and consumer director of Camelot, said: "Today’s increasingly fragmented and complex media landscape has led to a significant shift of consumer behaviour.
"We were highly impressed with the quality of work submitted by all agencies throughout the pitch process and would like to thank them all for their hard work.
"Vizeum has a fantastic track record across both the traditional and digital media landscapes, and presented some truly unique and exciting ideas. We are very much looking forward to working with them on our new integrated media brief."
Oystercatchers managed the review process.
Richard Morris, the managing director of Vizeum, said: "We are, of course, thrilled to be partnering with Camelot.
"The National Lottery makes millionaires and funds National Lottery projects, changing lives on a personal, local and national level – we are looking forward to helping bring these stories to life.
"This creates a massive opportunity for media to demonstrate the power of The National Lottery through a digitally-integrated approach."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Graduate Editor / Editorial Assistant Guru Careers £16 - 20k, London (SE1)
- Senior Account Manager Red Sofa London £35000 - £40000 per annum, London