Asos kicks off Euro media contest
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 July 2014 08:00AM
Asos, the online fashion retailer, has launched a review of its European media account after the resignation of the incumbent, Carat.
Carat and Asos ended their relationship in March. Spokeswomen for both companies said they had parted "on good terms" but declined to comment further.
A pitch has now been called and is in the early stages.
The Asos spokeswoman said: "We are always looking into new initiatives and exploring avenues to future-proof our business."
In 2010, Asos appointed Mother as its first advertising agency. The relationship has since ended.
Carat created Asos’s award-winning "#bestnightever" social media campaign in Christmas 2012, which saw fashion figures such as Azealia Banks, Ellie Goulding and Charlotte Free appear in "shoppable" music videos wearing Asos clothing. Viewers could click to purchase the pieces.
In June, a fire at Asos’s main warehouse in Barnsley, Yorkshire, destroyed 14 per cent of its stock.
Nick Robertson, a former media buyer at Carat, founded ASOS in 2000.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Account Manager Beyond The Book £30000.00 - £42000.00 per annum, Birmingham
- Account Manager- Experiential and Events Gemini Search Ã‚£25000 - Ã‚£30000 per annum, London
- E-Commerce Manager Beyond The Book £35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, Witney
- Store Development Manager (Retail) Beyond The Book £35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- CRM Specialist/Executive - Based Oxford Stopgap competitive + benefits, London
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake