Asos kicks off Euro media contest
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 July 2014 08:00AM
Asos, the online fashion retailer, has launched a review of its European media account after the resignation of the incumbent, Carat.
Carat and Asos ended their relationship in March. Spokeswomen for both companies said they had parted "on good terms" but declined to comment further.
A pitch has now been called and is in the early stages.
The Asos spokeswoman said: "We are always looking into new initiatives and exploring avenues to future-proof our business."
In 2010, Asos appointed Mother as its first advertising agency. The relationship has since ended.
Carat created Asos’s award-winning "#bestnightever" social media campaign in Christmas 2012, which saw fashion figures such as Azealia Banks, Ellie Goulding and Charlotte Free appear in "shoppable" music videos wearing Asos clothing. Viewers could click to purchase the pieces.
In June, a fire at Asos’s main warehouse in Barnsley, Yorkshire, destroyed 14 per cent of its stock.
Nick Robertson, a former media buyer at Carat, founded ASOS in 2000.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Content Manager - £50k - Hertfordshire Salt £40000 - £50000 per annum + bens, Hertfordshire
- Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £70,000, London
- Nissan creates tactical ad 7 mins after royal baby no. 2 announcement
- Advertising tech companies make up fifth of Britain's fastest-growing businesses
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- TV body Barb to track viewing via tablets
- Reebok Classics brand film champions 'Madchester' revival
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4