Camelot launches first ad for all National Lottery brands
The National Lottery's new TV campaign showcases the good causes that benefit from the organisation's funding.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO created the spot, which airs on TV on Sunday (6 July) and is called "play makes it possible".
The 30-second spot shows children enjoying activity weekends, war veterans visiting memorials and people playing sports as a voiceover reads a poem. At the end of the spot, another voiceover mentions that the lottery also creates six millionaires a week.
This is the first time that Camelot, which runs The National Lottery, has released a campaign that unites all its products – Instants, Lotto, Thunderball and EuroMillions.
The TV spot was written by Paul Brazier, art directed by Stephen Stretton and Larry Dyer, and shot by 32 through Pulse Films. It will be backed by outdoor and digital executions.
OMD handled the media buying and Havas handled the media planning for the campaign. The pair have just lost their accounts. The business, which is worth £40m in total, was consolidated into Vizeum earlier this week.
Camelot’s most recent significant campaign was a TV spot ahead of the increase in price of National Lottery tickets, from £1 to £2. AMV BBDO also created that campaign, which featured a reworking of Gilbert O’Sullivan’s Ooh-Wakka-Doo-Wakka-Day.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR for Brand Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael Day rate c£275-£300, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Branding Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael c£150-£170+ day rate depending on experience , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Strategist / Planner - FREELANCE Royds Raphael £350-£450 day rate, London (Central), London (Greater)
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - Brand Comms Agency Royds Raphael £35K-£50K+bonus+bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham