Sponsors congratulate Novak Djokovic on Wimbledon win
By Simon Nias, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 07 July 2014 09:43AM
Adidas, Uniqlo and Seiko have congratulated Novak Djokovic on his second Wimbledon victory through ad campaigns.
Adidas served up a quick congratulatory tweet following Djokovic's thrilling five-set victory over seven-time Wimbledon champion Roger Federer in yesterday's men’s final.
The brand’s tweet featured the slogan "no stopping novak" and the #smashthesilence hashtag, which the brand has been using as part of its wider Wimbledon social campaign.
The Adidas tweet was created by the brand's in-house team.
After Djokovic’s victory yesterday, the clothing chain Uniqlo tweeted its congratulations to the Serbian tennis champion. Djokovic has been Uniqlo’s global brand ambassador since 2012.
Seiko, the high-end watch brand, shows a photograph of Djokovic after winning the men’s singles competition yesterday, with the copy: "Congratulations Novak!"
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Account Director Dot-Gap £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Planning Director Dot-Gap £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show