Sponsors congratulate Novak Djokovic on Wimbledon win
By Simon Nias, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 07 July 2014 09:43AM
Adidas, Uniqlo and Seiko have congratulated Novak Djokovic on his second Wimbledon victory through ad campaigns.
Adidas served up a quick congratulatory tweet following Djokovic's thrilling five-set victory over seven-time Wimbledon champion Roger Federer in yesterday's men’s final.
The brand’s tweet featured the slogan "no stopping novak" and the #smashthesilence hashtag, which the brand has been using as part of its wider Wimbledon social campaign.
The Adidas tweet was created by the brand's in-house team.
After Djokovic’s victory yesterday, the clothing chain Uniqlo tweeted its congratulations to the Serbian tennis champion. Djokovic has been Uniqlo’s global brand ambassador since 2012.
Seiko, the high-end watch brand, shows a photograph of Djokovic after winning the men’s singles competition yesterday, with the copy: "Congratulations Novak!"
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Publisher Development Manager - video Ultimate Asset £45000 - £50000 per annum + commission, London
- Digital Account Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Online Marketing Executive JV Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, Manchester
- Loyalty Senior Product Manager Ultimate Asset €70000 - €73000 per annum + Relocation package, Bavaria
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control