Sponsors congratulate Novak Djokovic on Wimbledon win
By Simon Nias, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 07 July 2014 09:43AM
Adidas, Uniqlo and Seiko have congratulated Novak Djokovic on his second Wimbledon victory through ad campaigns.
Adidas served up a quick congratulatory tweet following Djokovic's thrilling five-set victory over seven-time Wimbledon champion Roger Federer in yesterday's men’s final.
The brand’s tweet featured the slogan "no stopping novak" and the #smashthesilence hashtag, which the brand has been using as part of its wider Wimbledon social campaign.
The Adidas tweet was created by the brand's in-house team.
After Djokovic’s victory yesterday, the clothing chain Uniqlo tweeted its congratulations to the Serbian tennis champion. Djokovic has been Uniqlo’s global brand ambassador since 2012.
Seiko, the high-end watch brand, shows a photograph of Djokovic after winning the men’s singles competition yesterday, with the copy: "Congratulations Novak!"
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Senior PPC Account Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazig Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Sports Audio Division Ultimate Asset £60000 - £90000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Southwark, London (Greater)
- Concessions & Partnerships Marketing Manager Stopgap £35000 per annum + pro rata - 6 month contract, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Customer Marketing Manager Stopgap £50000 per annum + Immediate Start, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday