Singapore anti-gambling ad slammed on Twitter after picking a winner
A campaign by the Singapore National Council On Problem Gambling hit a snag last night after Germany's routing of Brazil.
The TV spot, which aired in Singapore during the half time break of Brazil and Germany’s 2014 Fifa World Cup semi-final last night, showed children discussing what team they wanted to win the tournament.
At the end of the spot, a sad-looking child says he hopes Germany wins because his dad has bet his lifesavings on the team. When it aired, Germany was 5-0 up against Brazil and would go onto win 7-1.
The ad was widely shared and discussed on social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook, with comments like "well, the National Council for Problem Gambling’s ad just backfired" and "all hail the National Council of PROPHETIC GUESSING".
The campaign, called 'Kick The Habit, was launched at the beginning of the World Cup to counter the usual increase in gambling associated with the competition and also includes print, radio and outdoor executions.
The creative agency behind the print campaign was Goodfellas, while Two Oceans Film company shot and produced the TV ad. UM Singapore was the media agency.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Modelling Manager Premier Media £30000 - £35000 per annum, East London
- CGI Artist Premier Media £25000 - £30000 per annum, East London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot