Metcalfe's set to release quirky debut TV ad
Metcalfe's, which was founded by one of the men behind Pret A Manger, is releasing its first TV ad.
Quiet Storm created the national TV ad, which is for Metcalfe's Skinny Topcorn range of popcorn. It's called "lighten up" and airs on TV from Monday 14 July.
The 20-second spot shows black-and-white footage of people dancing frenetically, before one girl gets too excited and explodes in a burst of popcorn. The ad ends with the line, "lighten up".
Metcalfe's spent £1 million on the campaign, including media spend and production costs.
The work was created by Trevor Robinson and Marysue Masson. Robinson also directed the spot through Quiet Storm.
Quiet Storm won Metcalfe’s advertising account in June after a competitive pitch. The company was founded in 2009 by Julian Metcalfe who, with Sinclair Beecham, set up Pret A Manger.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection £60 - £68K + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Sports & Entertainment f1 Recruitment £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot