Metcalfe's set to release quirky debut TV ad
Metcalfe's, which was founded by one of the men behind Pret A Manger, is releasing its first TV ad.
Quiet Storm created the national TV ad, which is for Metcalfe's Skinny Topcorn range of popcorn. It's called "lighten up" and airs on TV from Monday 14 July.
The 20-second spot shows black-and-white footage of people dancing frenetically, before one girl gets too excited and explodes in a burst of popcorn. The ad ends with the line, "lighten up".
Metcalfe's spent £1 million on the campaign, including media spend and production costs.
The work was created by Trevor Robinson and Marysue Masson. Robinson also directed the spot through Quiet Storm.
Quiet Storm won Metcalfe’s advertising account in June after a competitive pitch. The company was founded in 2009 by Julian Metcalfe who, with Sinclair Beecham, set up Pret A Manger.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Senior Broadcast Buyer - Leading Gaming & Confectionery Clients Ultimate Asset £28000 - £32000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- Publisher Development Manager - video Ultimate Asset £45000 - £50000 per annum + commission, London
- Digital Account Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Online Marketing Executive JV Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, Manchester
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control