Channel 4 and Magnum Mini partner for 'sweet' 9pm film sponsorship
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 18 July 2014 01:02PM
Magnum Mini has created a series of film-themed idents for its seven-figure sponsorship of the 9pm daily movie on Film4.
Created by Prescription, the idents will run for ten months on Channel 4's Film4 film channel, which shows a movie every night at 9pm.
In the nine idents, an actress on a film takes a break to eat a Magnum Mini ice cream. In one of the short films, the director comments that her performance is "not quite sweet enough" and the actress then runs to quickly eat a Magnum Mini
Channel 4 sales and Mindshare brokered the partnership for Unilever, Magnum’s owner. It is the first time Magnum has sponsored programming on a Channel 4 channel.
The idents were directed by Rupert Jones through Prescription.
Nicky Rolfe, the brand manager at Magnum, said: "Our insight is that the 9pm moment is important for our consumers, as the time in the day when they stop to relax.
"The partnership with the 9pm film is therefore a great opportunity for us to remind consumers that the perfect way to enjoy a moment of pleasure is with Magnum Mini."
Tonight’s 9pm film on Film4 is 'Avatar', directed by James Cameron.
Rupinder Downie, the partnership controller at Channel 4 said Film4’s "premium and receptive audience" appealed to advertisers such as Magnum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Graphic Designer AF Selection £28,000 - £35,000, Leicestershire
- Senior Account Director Purple Consultancy £55000 - £60000 per annum, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up