Channel 4 and Magnum Mini partner for 'sweet' 9pm film sponsorship
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 18 July 2014 01:02PM
Magnum Mini has created a series of film-themed idents for its seven-figure sponsorship of the 9pm daily movie on Film4.
Created by Prescription, the idents will run for ten months on Channel 4's Film4 film channel, which shows a movie every night at 9pm.
In the nine idents, an actress on a film takes a break to eat a Magnum Mini ice cream. In one of the short films, the director comments that her performance is "not quite sweet enough" and the actress then runs to quickly eat a Magnum Mini
Channel 4 sales and Mindshare brokered the partnership for Unilever, Magnum’s owner. It is the first time Magnum has sponsored programming on a Channel 4 channel.
The idents were directed by Rupert Jones through Prescription.
Nicky Rolfe, the brand manager at Magnum, said: "Our insight is that the 9pm moment is important for our consumers, as the time in the day when they stop to relax.
"The partnership with the 9pm film is therefore a great opportunity for us to remind consumers that the perfect way to enjoy a moment of pleasure is with Magnum Mini."
Tonight’s 9pm film on Film4 is 'Avatar', directed by James Cameron.
Rupinder Downie, the partnership controller at Channel 4 said Film4’s "premium and receptive audience" appealed to advertisers such as Magnum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Digital Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £80000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood