McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
Premier Foods has picked McCann London to bring the Homepride brand mascot, Fred, back to TV advertising.
McCann, which was appointed to Premier Foods’ roster in 2007, was given the £2.3 million Homepride brief without a pitch. The agency will be tasked with re-inventing the bowler-hatted Fred for modern audiences.
Fred has been away from TV screens for seven years. His return comes as sales at Premier Foods dropped 6.1 per cent to £364.4 million for the first half of 2014.
Premier Foods is also releasing a TV and social campaign for Mr Kipling in the second half of the year as part of a sustained marketing assault.
Zaid Al Zaidy, the chief executive of McCann London, said: "The time is right to celebrate Homepride as the iconic British brand that it is. Premier Foods is a bastion of market-leading grocery products that are firm family favourites; adorning the cupboards and dinner tables across the length and breadth of the UK.
"Fred is an awesome character to build a campaign around and the work we have planned is set to showcase the personality of this much-loved product in a dynamic, fun way that will shake up the sector."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Product Manager Better Placed Recruitment £45000 per annum, Wigan
- Backend Web Developer Leeds. Premier Media £30000 per annum + BENEFITS, Leeds
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Better Placed Recruitment £24000 - £35000 per annum, Manchester
- Brand Manager Better Placed Recruitment Negotiable, North Yorkshire