Meerkats return to Africa for Comparethemarket campaign
Comparethemarket.com's meerkat mascots take their adopted son back to his African roots in a campaign from the insurance comparison website.
VCCP created the 40-second ad, which is called "homeland". It first aired on TV on Saturday 9 August. The spot features meerkat characters Aleksandr and Sergei visiting Africa to introduce their adopted pup, Oleg, to his homeland.
The story of Oleg in Africa will play out in a series of ads that will air over six months. The campaign will be supported by idents on ITV's Coronation Street from 11 August.
The work was written by Javier Romartinez, art directed by Stephen Misir and directed by Darren Walsh through Passion Pictures. The media agency was MEC.
Oleg was introduced into the long-running Comparethemeerkat.com ads at Christmas. Comparethemarket has been running its meerkat ads since 2009.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Head of Customer and Digital Transformation Spotlight Recruitment £80000 - £90000 per annum + 30% bonus and great benefits, London
- Senior Digital Creative/Designer Pitch Consultants £35000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, Leicestershire
- Junior Account Director, Retail, Manchester Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, Manchester
- Regional Marketing Manager Mortimer Spinks £37000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Milton Keynes
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control