Meerkats return to Africa for Comparethemarket campaign
Comparethemarket.com's meerkat mascots take their adopted son back to his African roots in a campaign from the insurance comparison website.
VCCP created the 40-second ad, which is called "homeland". It first aired on TV on Saturday 9 August. The spot features meerkat characters Aleksandr and Sergei visiting Africa to introduce their adopted pup, Oleg, to his homeland.
The story of Oleg in Africa will play out in a series of ads that will air over six months. The campaign will be supported by idents on ITV's Coronation Street from 11 August.
The work was written by Javier Romartinez, art directed by Stephen Misir and directed by Darren Walsh through Passion Pictures. The media agency was MEC.
Oleg was introduced into the long-running Comparethemeerkat.com ads at Christmas. Comparethemarket has been running its meerkat ads since 2009.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Brand & Design Manager British Airways Competitive salary, London Heathrow Airport, Hounslow
- Head of Biddable Aspire £45000.00 - £65000.00 per annum, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - LUXURY BRANDS £60k Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Senior Planner, Integrated, £450 p/d Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £450 per day, London
- Digital Design Manager Freedom Digital £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood