Meerkats return to Africa for Comparethemarket campaign
Comparethemarket.com's meerkat mascots take their adopted son back to his African roots in a campaign from the insurance comparison website.
VCCP created the 40-second ad, which is called "homeland". It first aired on TV on Saturday 9 August. The spot features meerkat characters Aleksandr and Sergei visiting Africa to introduce their adopted pup, Oleg, to his homeland.
The story of Oleg in Africa will play out in a series of ads that will air over six months. The campaign will be supported by idents on ITV's Coronation Street from 11 August.
The work was written by Javier Romartinez, art directed by Stephen Misir and directed by Darren Walsh through Passion Pictures. The media agency was MEC.
Oleg was introduced into the long-running Comparethemeerkat.com ads at Christmas. Comparethemarket has been running its meerkat ads since 2009.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Publicity Manager Stopgap £47000 per annum + 12 month FTC, London
- Account Manager and Senior Account Manager air recruitment £32k - £38k dependent on your experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Domino's Pizza launches TV ad for cheese and smokey bacon stuffed crust