Meerkats return to Africa for Comparethemarket campaign
Comparethemarket.com's meerkat mascots take their adopted son back to his African roots in a campaign from the insurance comparison website.
VCCP created the 40-second ad, which is called "homeland". It first aired on TV on Saturday 9 August. The spot features meerkat characters Aleksandr and Sergei visiting Africa to introduce their adopted pup, Oleg, to his homeland.
The story of Oleg in Africa will play out in a series of ads that will air over six months. The campaign will be supported by idents on ITV's Coronation Street from 11 August.
The work was written by Javier Romartinez, art directed by Stephen Misir and directed by Darren Walsh through Passion Pictures. The media agency was MEC.
Oleg was introduced into the long-running Comparethemeerkat.com ads at Christmas. Comparethemarket has been running its meerkat ads since 2009.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Client/Media Agency role -Business Director -Publishing Client Ultimate Asset £65000 - £70000 per annum + great benefits package, City of London
- Senior Agency Sales - Video Advertising Aspire £40000 - £60000 per annum + 50% commission, London
- Account Director - Off Oxford Street Agency Fill Recruitment to £55k + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 p.a., London (Central), London (Greater)
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Fold7 splits with Gocompare.com amid talk of Gio Compario's return
- Pizza Hut launches Classic Crust with TV campaign
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas
- Ronseal claims to ditch 'does exactly what it says on the tin' strapline