Meerkats return to Africa for Comparethemarket campaign
Comparethemarket.com's meerkat mascots take their adopted son back to his African roots in a campaign from the insurance comparison website.
VCCP created the 40-second ad, which is called "homeland". It first aired on TV on Saturday 9 August. The spot features meerkat characters Aleksandr and Sergei visiting Africa to introduce their adopted pup, Oleg, to his homeland.
The story of Oleg in Africa will play out in a series of ads that will air over six months. The campaign will be supported by idents on ITV's Coronation Street from 11 August.
The work was written by Javier Romartinez, art directed by Stephen Misir and directed by Darren Walsh through Passion Pictures. The media agency was MEC.
Oleg was introduced into the long-running Comparethemeerkat.com ads at Christmas. Comparethemarket has been running its meerkat ads since 2009.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Director - Major Technology Brand Lipton Fleming £55000 - £59000 per annum, London
- PR ACCOUNT MANAGER Live Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits, Solihull
- Social and Content Director - Client-side! Ultimate Asset £75000 per annum + benefits, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Digital Planner - Shopper - Retail / FMCG - paying to £40k Fill Recruitment to £40k plus top benefits, including a 20% bonus opportunity, London (Greater)
- Freelance Designer Source £150 - £250 per day, London
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media