Meerkats return to Africa for Comparethemarket campaign
Comparethemarket.com's meerkat mascots take their adopted son back to his African roots in a campaign from the insurance comparison website.
VCCP created the 40-second ad, which is called "homeland". It first aired on TV on Saturday 9 August. The spot features meerkat characters Aleksandr and Sergei visiting Africa to introduce their adopted pup, Oleg, to his homeland.
The story of Oleg in Africa will play out in a series of ads that will air over six months. The campaign will be supported by idents on ITV's Coronation Street from 11 August.
The work was written by Javier Romartinez, art directed by Stephen Misir and directed by Darren Walsh through Passion Pictures. The media agency was MEC.
Oleg was introduced into the long-running Comparethemeerkat.com ads at Christmas. Comparethemarket has been running its meerkat ads since 2009.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Planner Red Sofa London £40000 - £60000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Global Design Exec - FMCG client-side Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£50K + Car Allowance + Bonus, Berkshire/M4 Corridor
- PPC Account Manager Aspire £200 - £220 per day, London
- Digital Account Director - Boutique Digital Agency Fill Recruitment to £60k and great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Gr...
- NatWest gets Trigger Happy with Dom Joly stunt
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Addison Lee campaign highlights business-class status
- Should brands be held to their straplines?
- Vizeum retains £14m AB InBev in the UK and adds European markets
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'