Remembering Robin Williams through his ads
Campaign remembers the comedy genius Robin Williams, who died yesterday, aged 63, through a series of his own ads through the years.
Williams, who came to prominence as an alien in the series Mork & Mindy in the late seventies and early eighties, played an advertising exec in his latest TV role, a series called The Crazy Ones.
The most recent ad Williams starred in was an spot for Apple Air earlier this year featuring genuine iPad Air owners using the tablet in amazing ways, all set to Williams’ dialogue from 1989’s Dead Poets Society film.
Another ad for Nintendo’s game 'Zelda' stars Williams alongside his daughter called Zelda.
Apple iPad Air "Your Verse" by TBWA\Media Arts Lab, USA (2014)
Mars/Snickers "Coach" by BBDO, New York (2013)
Nintendo's Zelda "The Legend of Zelda" (2011)
Illinois Bell Telephone Company by N.W. Ayer & Son (1977)
Olympics 2000 "celebrate Humanity" by TBWA/Chiat Day (2000)
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- PR Account Director, B2B Media/Tech, £45-50k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing, Education Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: Pension, Healthcare, Bonus Potential , London
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Apple unveils 'biggest advancement in the iPhone' and 'Apple Watch'