Remembering Robin Williams through his ads
Campaign remembers the comedy genius Robin Williams, who died yesterday, aged 63, through a series of his own ads through the years.
Williams, who came to prominence as an alien in the series Mork & Mindy in the late seventies and early eighties, played an advertising exec in his latest TV role, a series called The Crazy Ones.
The most recent ad Williams starred in was an spot for Apple Air earlier this year featuring genuine iPad Air owners using the tablet in amazing ways, all set to Williams’ dialogue from 1989’s Dead Poets Society film.
Another ad for Nintendo’s game 'Zelda' stars Williams alongside his daughter called Zelda.
Apple iPad Air "Your Verse" by TBWA\Media Arts Lab, USA (2014)
Mars/Snickers "Coach" by BBDO, New York (2013)
Nintendo's Zelda "The Legend of Zelda" (2011)
Illinois Bell Telephone Company by N.W. Ayer & Son (1977)
Olympics 2000 "celebrate Humanity" by TBWA/Chiat Day (2000)
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Digital Planner Buyer - Revolutionary Media Agency!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £25000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits , City of London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief