Remembering Robin Williams through his ads
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 12 August 2014 09:47AM
Campaign remembers the comedy genius Robin Williams, who died yesterday, aged 63, through a series of his own ads through the years.
Williams, who came to prominence as an alien in the series Mork & Mindy in the late seventies and early eighties, played an advertising exec in his latest TV role, a series called The Crazy Ones.
The most recent ad Williams starred in was an spot for Apple Air earlier this year featuring genuine iPad Air owners using the tablet in amazing ways, all set to Williams’ dialogue from 1989’s Dead Poets Society film.
Another ad for Nintendo’s game 'Zelda' stars Williams alongside his daughter called Zelda.
Apple iPad Air "Your Verse" by TBWA\Media Arts Lab, USA (2014)
Mars/Snickers "Coach" by BBDO, New York (2013)
Nintendo's Zelda "The Legend of Zelda" (2011)
Illinois Bell Telephone Company by N.W. Ayer & Son (1977)
Olympics 2000 "celebrate Humanity" by TBWA/Chiat Day (2000)
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager - Design & Marketing Agency ADLIB £ Competitive, Hampshire
- Marketing Executive - Cloud Marketing & Lead Capture Software Recruitment Revolution Up to £25,000 (DOE) + Benefits, Portsmouth, Hampshire
- Marketing Data Analyst - CRM / eCRM ADLIB £Competitive, Bath
- Brand Strategy Consultant Rare Selection £30 - £40K + excellent benefits incl pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Executive, Top branding and design agency Gabriele Skelton £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'