McCann poaches TBWA's Tom Wong
McCann London has poached Tom Wong, the development director at TBWA\London, for the newly-created role of managing partner in charge of developing new business.
Wong will be responsible for developing revenue sources for the agency, from both existing and new clients. He will also be the agency’s brand director, leading the agency’s marketing and external comms strategy.
He will report to Zaid Al-Zaidy, the chief executive of McCann London. Wong and Al-Zaidy worked together when the latter was at TBWA London.
Wong, who joined TBWA in 2010, had been key to the agency picking up new business from clients including The Labour Party, Lidl, and Airbnb. He was previously marketing manager at Lida and Meteorite (now part of McCann Worldgroup).
Al-Zaidy said: "This is another great addition to our new team at McCann London. Tom is a rare breed, a great agency marketer, new business practitioner, client leader and general energiser. I can’t wait to work with him again."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Sub-Editor Creative Recruitment £100 - £125 per day, West London
- Digital Media Manager - Entertainment Client - Client Side Ultimate Asset £27000 - £35000 per annum + Great Benefits Package , West End
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Is The Net Set a welcome addition?
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media