Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show
Uncle Ben's, the Mars food brand, has created a YouTube cooking channel as part of a campaign to encourage parents to cook with their children.
According to Uncle Ben's, one in four British parents never cook with their children. In a bid to get kids cooking, the brand has released a campaign called 'Ben’s Beginners', which was created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and launches today (26 August).
As part of the PR surrounding the launch, Uncle Ben's is seeding an online film in which an estate agent leads families around a house with no kitchen.
Uncle Ben’s will then publish weekly YouTube shows in which DJ BBQ (the presenter and DJ Christian Stevenson, who also works with Jamie Oliver's FoodTube channel) will show kids how to cook meals using the brand’s products.
These shows will be supported by videos featuring the actress and celebrity chef Lisa Faulkner, who will teach children the skills they need to be able to follow recipes. She will also front a cooking competition with a prize of £10,000 worth of cooking equipment for the winner’s school kitchen.
Liam Donnelly wrote the work. It was art directed by Phil Holbrook and Steve Stretton.
Chris Faith directed the social film through Fat Lemon (Jamie Oliver’s production company), while Jayne Hibbert Smith directed the content through Pulse Films. MediaCom was the media agency on the campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Agency Account Director- Programmatic Video Platform Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + commission & benefits, London
- Account Manager EMEA - Ad-tech Company Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + bonus & benefits , London
- Senior PR Account MAnager - Digital AF Selection £30000 - £35000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Account Director Pitch Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, West Midlands
- Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, Birmingham
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile