TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 27 August 2014 03:20PM
TalkTalk is releasing an app that allows users to make their own music videos and will use the best in its X Factor idents.
The app, called Mix-Off, allows users to create music videos by inserting their footage into one of eight music-video templates and then choosing one of nine songs as the backing track.
CHI & Partners created the campaign. The Mix-Off app will be available to download from 30 August, with different music video styles becoming available as 'The X Factor' progresses.
'The X Factor' will air from 30 August until December and in that time, TalkTalk will air more than 160 idents featuring fan footage.
Sammy Rawal, who has directed music videos for AlunaGeorge, directed the music video templates through Believe Media, while MPC handled the digital development and VFX. The campaign was created by Matt Searle and Sarah Levitt. M/Six handled the media.
Rawal said: "I think what’s really cool about these new idents is that they really feel like chunks or excerpts from actual music videos. They’re really going to give 'The X Factor' viewers the chance to experience what it feels like to be in a high-end music video of their own.
"We’ve tried to create a full range of videos that not only look amazing, but also appeal to a very broad audience."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Graphics/Print Designer Purple Consultancy Ã‚£25000 - Ã‚£27000 per annum, London
- Local Marketing Manager Stopgap Ã‚£45000 per annum, London
- Senior UX Designer Purple Consultancy Ã‚£60000 - Ã‚£70000 per annum, London
- PR and Communciations Co-Ordinator Freedom Digital £20000 - £22000 per annum, City of London
- Market Manager Freedom Digital £50000 - £70000 per annum, England