VW to commandeer Auto Express in bid to support new Polo
By MATTHEW COWEN, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 08 March 2002 12:00AM
Volkswagen has taken over an entire issue of Auto Express to support the launch of the new Polo.
print work for the Polo.
MediaCom has bought a front cover gatefold, three fireplaces with side strips, a four-page centre site, two quarter double-page spreads and six dealer strips as well as the inside and outside back covers of the issue.
The number of ad sites has been deliberately reduced from Auto Express' normal total, with additional editorial making up the difference.
"Rather than running far too many ads, we've gone for a weight that is appropriate and is able to communicate what we want to say about Polo in a clear, crisp style,
MediaCom's strategic planner, Steve Edwards, said.
In addition to the print ads, the deal involves a mock letter in the magazine's letters page, drawing attention to the fearlessness with which the Polo imbues its owners. A questionnaire asking readers how they would take on the world is also included in the issue.
"This is a key title for us and to be able to own it and cut out the clutter that you get at this time of year is a great opportunity," Edwards said.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London