VW to commandeer Auto Express in bid to support new Polo
By MATTHEW COWEN, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 08 March 2002 12:00AM
Volkswagen has taken over an entire issue of Auto Express to support the launch of the new Polo.
print work for the Polo.
MediaCom has bought a front cover gatefold, three fireplaces with side strips, a four-page centre site, two quarter double-page spreads and six dealer strips as well as the inside and outside back covers of the issue.
The number of ad sites has been deliberately reduced from Auto Express' normal total, with additional editorial making up the difference.
"Rather than running far too many ads, we've gone for a weight that is appropriate and is able to communicate what we want to say about Polo in a clear, crisp style,
MediaCom's strategic planner, Steve Edwards, said.
In addition to the print ads, the deal involves a mock letter in the magazine's letters page, drawing attention to the fearlessness with which the Polo imbues its owners. A questionnaire asking readers how they would take on the world is also included in the issue.
"This is a key title for us and to be able to own it and cut out the clutter that you get at this time of year is a great opportunity," Edwards said.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Brand Marketeer EMR £30000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer / Creative Designer Guru Careers £35 - 40k, Based in London (EC1)
- Freelance ATL Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £190 per day, London
- Head of Marketing & Sales Stopgap £35000 per annum, London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive