Glue London creates campaign for Virgin Trains' student deal
By JEREMY WHITE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 08 March 2002 12:00AM
The new-media agency Glue London has developed a digital campaign for the Virgin Trains student promotion, which explains how students can enjoy life more using the money they save on rail fares.
The campaign is centred on a microsite at virgin.com/ trains/more, created and designed by Glue. The theme, devised by the promotions agency Exposure, is "Get 50 per cent more ... sex, grub or lager (by using the 50 per cent you save on the price of your rail ticket)".
Steve McDonald, Virgin Trains' marketing manager, said: "It is always a challenge to attract students' attention. We are certain that we have overcome this obstacle thanks to Glue and Exposure."
Glue and Exposure worked on the SMS campaign which gave young people a chance to win tickets to the Liverpool club Cream. Flytxt provided the SMS technology.
The ads were art directed by Adrian Peters and written by Dave Wellington. Illustration and animation was by Joseph Curtis. Carl Huber handled programming. Dom O'Brien was the design director.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London