Glue London creates campaign for Virgin Trains' student deal
By JEREMY WHITE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 08 March 2002 12:00AM
The new-media agency Glue London has developed a digital campaign for the Virgin Trains student promotion, which explains how students can enjoy life more using the money they save on rail fares.
The campaign is centred on a microsite at virgin.com/ trains/more, created and designed by Glue. The theme, devised by the promotions agency Exposure, is "Get 50 per cent more ... sex, grub or lager (by using the 50 per cent you save on the price of your rail ticket)".
Steve McDonald, Virgin Trains' marketing manager, said: "It is always a challenge to attract students' attention. We are certain that we have overcome this obstacle thanks to Glue and Exposure."
Glue and Exposure worked on the SMS campaign which gave young people a chance to win tickets to the Liverpool club Cream. Flytxt provided the SMS technology.
The ads were art directed by Adrian Peters and written by Dave Wellington. Illustration and animation was by Joseph Curtis. Carl Huber handled programming. Dom O'Brien was the design director.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- PPC Executive - Digital Marketing Agency - Paid Search Ultimate Asset £20000 - £25000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Senior Strategist - creative comms agency Gabriele Skelton £50000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Freelance Senior Account Manager - urgent The Great & The Good £200 per day , Central London
- Client Director- branding & creative communications agency Gabriele Skelton £50000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push