Martin Scorsese to front BBH's TV spot for Johnnie Walker
By CAMILLA PALMER, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 22 March 2002 12:00AM
Bartle Bogle Hegarty has signed the celebrated US director Martin Scorsese to star in the new TV campaign for Diageo's Scotch whiskey brand Johnnie Walker.
strategy, which was launched in 1999 to encourage consumers to strive to achieve their dreams. Previous ads have starred the US actor Harvey Keitel and the Italian footballer Roberto Baggio.
The spot, directed by Tony Scott through RSA Films, tracks Scorsese as he revisits his birthplace in New York. He talks about his childhood asthma, and how his love of watching films instead of running around with other children inspired him to direct. Shots of him in his favourite haunts with old friends from other Scorsese films such as Goodfellas and Casino are spliced with the opening sequence of Taxi Driver.
The global brand director, Stephen Morley, said Scorsese was the perfect vehicle for the continued brand strategy: "He is an inspiring example of what a person can achieve when they have courage and determination."
Media buying and planning is by Starcom Motive. The ad will initially air in Greece, one of the brand's biggest markets, with a roll-out in the UK expected sometime during 2002. It was written by Verity Fenner and art directed by Claudia Southgate.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Digital Designer become £40-45K, Central London
- Senior Designer - Digital Agency Aquent £40-£45k, North London
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 per annum, London
- Global Innovation Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, South East region