Virgin Trains mail drive to entice business customers with perks
By IAN DARBY, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 19 April 2002 12:00AM
Virgin Trains is launching a loyalty programme for first class business travellers with direct marketing through Craik Jones Watson Mitchell Voelkel.
Virgin Trains aims to increase the loyalty of first class travellers now that its services have returned to something close to normal, following track delays after the Hatfield accident. The mailing is the first in a relationship marketing programme for current Virgin Trains travellers.
Craik Jones has developed an A4 mail pack that uses the new silver and blue identity of the Traveller programme. The booklet contains images indicative of the new services, such as the first class lounge at Euston Station, with lines such as "only for the select few". Its offer of priority parking at stations poses the question "can you bear the envy?".
The campaign is intended to make travellers feel as though they are part of an exclusive club. Craik Jones has also developed a "welcome to Traveller
reference book for its top customers.
The mailing encourages frequent travellers to join the loyalty programme by collecting eight first class or business tickets over three months.
The art director was Leigh Roberts and the copywriter was Rebecca Rae.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London