Agencies line up as Lindt plans pitch for UK advertising task
By JENNY WATTS, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 26 April 2002 12:00AM
Lindt, the luxury Swiss chocolate brand, is approaching agencies about its UK advertising business.
Media, which is handled by Optimedia, is not believed to be under review.
The company's recent UK television advertising has focused on adapting TV campaigns created by Euro RSCG Mezzano Costantini Mignani in Italy. However, the company is looking to do UK-specific advertising that will help it achieve cut-through and compete in a competitive market that includes brands such as Thorntons and Ferrero.
The brand had a heavyweight TV ad push in the run-up to Easter and, before that, in the run-up to Christmas, as it aims to establish a strong retail presence in the UK.
Beatrice Robertson, the marketing manager at Lindt Chocolate UK, said: "We are at a very early stage. It's not in the public domain and I wouldn't want to comment at all about it."
Both Thorntons and Ferrero back their brands with UK-specific advertising.
Thorntons uses Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy, while Ferrero uses Banks Hoggins O'Shea/FCB.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency