Agencies line up as Lindt plans pitch for UK advertising task
By JENNY WATTS, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 26 April 2002 12:00AM
Lindt, the luxury Swiss chocolate brand, is approaching agencies about its UK advertising business.
Media, which is handled by Optimedia, is not believed to be under review.
The company's recent UK television advertising has focused on adapting TV campaigns created by Euro RSCG Mezzano Costantini Mignani in Italy. However, the company is looking to do UK-specific advertising that will help it achieve cut-through and compete in a competitive market that includes brands such as Thorntons and Ferrero.
The brand had a heavyweight TV ad push in the run-up to Easter and, before that, in the run-up to Christmas, as it aims to establish a strong retail presence in the UK.
Beatrice Robertson, the marketing manager at Lindt Chocolate UK, said: "We are at a very early stage. It's not in the public domain and I wouldn't want to comment at all about it."
Both Thorntons and Ferrero back their brands with UK-specific advertising.
Thorntons uses Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy, while Ferrero uses Banks Hoggins O'Shea/FCB.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- PR Senior Account Manager, Consumer/Trade Drinks Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- PR Co-ordinator Stopgap £21000 per annum, City of London
- Technical Account Manager, top DSP Ultimate Asset £40000 - £45000 per annum + +20%, London
- Retail Account Manager and Senior Account Manager air recruitment Up to £35K dependent on experience, Central London