Gnome stars in RKCR/Y&R spots
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 26 April 2002 12:00AM
A garden gnome is fronting a national television campaign from Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R for Virgin Holidays.
The campaign will run until August and aims to increase awareness of the Virgin Holidays brand to new and existing customers by highlighting both the key destinations of Florida and the Caribbean, and promoting the fact that it now offers more destinations.
The new work is timed to coincide with a reinvigoration of the brand's design, and features an interactive microsite where viewers can request a new brochure.
Media planning and buying is through Manning Gottlieb OMD. The TV spot will be supported in response-driven tactical work running in daily and Sunday papers.
The ad opens on a garden gnome languishing at the bottom of a wet suburban garden. As the rain falls he slips into a reverie, thinking of the activities he could be doing instead, such as relaxing in a swimming pool or enjoying a beautiful sunset with a lady gnome. The endline is: "Dream holidays, reality prices."
Kathryn Street, the director of sales and marketing for Virgin Holidays, said: "The commercial clearly shows the diversity of our holidays, but more importantly in a fun way."
The campaign was written by Richard Beesening and was art directed by Martha Riley. It was directed by Dougal Wilson through Blink Productions.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- E-Commerce Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South East England
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London