DP&A to beef up FCB's DM after purchase by Interpublic
By JOHN TYLEE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 14 June 2002 12:00AM
The direct marketing agency DP%26A has been bought by Interpublic as the communications group attempts to beef up the DM offering of its FCB subsidiary in the UK and across Europe.
The deal will result in DP&A working alongside Banks Hoggins O'Shea/FCB to augment FCB's integrated offering in London.
It will also act as a catalyst to drive the business of FCBi, the group's DM European network, in the key markets of France, Germany, Spain and Italy.
The possible acquisition of DP&A was first mooted three years ago - when FCB had no DM resource - and its completion is a significant step in its evolution as a fully integrated communications provider.
DP&A, with 70 staff and a client list which includes Goldfish, BSkyB and Air Canada, will retain its name and management. Dave Poole, the DP&A chairman, will also head FCBi in Europe.
Harry Reid, FCB's European president, said: "It has always been our intention to create and secure the strongest brands and offerings in both the advertising and DM arenas in the UK.
"Bringing DP&A into the FCB fold fits this bill, and the agency's impressive credentials will strengthen the group's European offering."
Poole claimed DP&A had shunned a number of offers from other networks before agreeing to join the Interpublic stable.
"You can only go so far as a domestic business, and over the course of the past 18 months it became clear that FCB has a real understanding of the way the industry is going, and of the need for a strong direct marketing product, he said.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account