Campbell's gives £11m planning role to Naked
By IAN DARBY, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 August 2002 12:00AM
Campbell Grocery Products has centralised its £11 million media planning business into Naked Communications in a bid to apply creative media solutions across its portfolio of brands.
The account move is a blow to Zenith Media, which previously handled planning on brands including Homepride, Oxo and Campbell's Soup. Before the review, Naked handled planning for Campbell's Batchelors Super Noodles brand.
Zenith will continue to handle buying across the Campbell's portfolio.
Last year it won planning and buying for Batchelors from Initiative Media after it was sold by Unilever to Campbell Soup Company.
The media review was conducted by Robert Rees, the interim marketing director at Campbell Soup Company. He was brought in this year to replace Andrew Slamin, who moved to the new role of European category director for sauces and food flavourings.
Naked's role has been widened after its planning role for Super Noodles resulted in a range of activity to support the Super Noodles Vindaloo flavour, including washroom stunts featuring warnings around cubicles. It also worked on the Cup A Soup brand.
Rees said: "We've made the change to maximise the communications options open to us. We want more of the magic that has been achieved with Super Noodles, which has become a cult brand. Naked offers different and unique communications solutions and we have brands such as Campbell's, Homepride and Oxo that are mature and can be reinvigorated.
"The idea was to get the best brains possible. Zenith is very good at buying and Naked at planning. We wanted best-of- breed agencies on each discipline."
The creative account is currently split between Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and Mother. AMV works on the Campbell's, Oxo and Homepride brands and Mother on Super Noodles. Rees said there are no plans to review these arrangements.
Zenith Media also faces a possible review of its Premier International Foods media planning account. Premier is talking to media agencies about planning for its brands, which include Typhoo and Branston Pickle.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Director [Telco] - Superb Agency off Oxford Street Fill Recruitment Ltd to £55k with great benefits, Off Oxford Street
- Propositions Marketing Manager Harvey Nash £35000 - £40000 per annum, Walsall
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart