NEWS: Royal Mint trawls agencies
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 02 February 1996 12:00AM
The Royal Mint has earmarked up to pounds 1 million to advertise a pounds 2 commemorative coin for the European Football Championships to be held in the UK this summer.
The Royal Mint has earmarked up to pounds 1 million to advertise a
pounds 2 commemorative coin for the European Football Championships to
be held in the UK this summer.
The Mint has asked the Central Office of Information to handle its
selection of an agency, and officials have already briefed three shops -
Duckworth Finn Grubb Waters, WCRS and Euro RSCG Wnek Gosper.
Some key matches have already sold out for Euro ’96, which promises to
be a major event in Europe, and is the largest sporting fixture to be
staged in Britain since the World Cup in 1966.
Hundreds of thousands of foreign visitors are expected to flood into
England for the matches, which kick off this June, and it is this
influx, as well as the home market, that the Mint hopes to target with
Officials hope to repeat the phenomenal success that the Mint had
selling special coins to commemorate the 50th anniversary of VE Day, and
have set an ambitious sales target of 50 million coins.
Agencies, which were briefed earlier in the week, have been asked to
present ideas for posters, and to suggest other strategies, including
press and direct response TV. The budget is still fluid, but agencies
have been asked to recommend suitable levels to meet their proposals.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London