Godman to bow out after long production career
By Jenny Watts,, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 31 October 2002 08:30AM
LONDON - Jo Godman is stepping down from Godman, the market- leading production company she formed six years ago, to devote more time to her personal life.
Godman will gradually relinquish control of the company she founded in November 1996 over the next two years. She is handing the reins over to Ed Sayers, who joined her at Godman that same month, prior to the company's official launch in January 1997.
Sayers will continue to direct, but will also become the joint managing director. He will share the title with his brother, Dan Sayers, who joins from running the marketing communications company Boom. Dan Sayers is known for founding the commercials production company Harkness Sayers in 1985, which closed 12 years later.
Godman has had a prolific career. Having worked at various production houses she set up her first company, Patterson Godman, in 1981. However, she received a call from Tony Scott asking her to join RSA Films and became the company's managing director in 1983.
She stayed for 13 years before leaving to set up her production company. Her co-founders were Philippa Thomas, Vaughan Arnell and Adam Saward -- the latter two followed her from RSA despite having joined just a few weeks previously.
Godman said: "Ed's enthusiasm and energy are phenomenal. Like me, he cares passionately about the company and the industry. His generosity and vision make him the perfect person to guide Godman's future."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Marketing Executive - Abingdon Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £27000 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £25000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Business Development Executive, London,£35k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: excellent benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £44000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)