Pinnell, MacDowall and Bishop in fight for top COI post
By Staff,, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 31 October 2002 01:30PM
LONDON - The new boss of COI Communications will be chosen next week from a shortlist of five men chasing the £120,000-a-year job of succeeding Carol Fisher.
The list includes Alan Bishop, who until earlier this year was the chairman of Saatchi & Saatchi International; Raoul Pinnell, the vice-president, global brands and communications at Shell International, and Simon MacDowall, the director of communications at the Department of Work and Pensions.
MacDowall, who previously held a senior post at Nato, is the only Whitehall candidate to make the final shortlist. However, Cabinet Office ministers are keen to hire someone with private sector experience.
The three men are expected to undergo psychometric tests. Final interviews take place next Tuesday with a panel including Mike Granatt, the head of the Government Information and Communications Service, and Dick Emery, the chairman of the Advisory Committee on Advertising, which monitors COI.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager - Leading App Company - Ad Operations Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + bonus, London
- Group Account Director and Business Director air recruitment Up to £75k dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £55,000, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London