StrawberryFrog wins Mitsubishi after five-way battle
By Jenny Watts,, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 November 2002 12:00PM
LONDON - StrawberryFrog has beaten five international networks to win the multimillion-pound pan-European account for Mitsubishi Motors Europe.
The Amsterdam-based shop won the business after a pitch against BBDO Worldwide, Düsseldorf (the global network for DaimlerChrysler that owns 34% of Mitsubishi), Arnold Worldwide's Rempen & Partners, Grey Worldwide and Scholz & Friends.
The incumbent, Asatsu, Japan's third-largest agency, repitched for the account. Asatsu had handled Mitsubishi in Japan until last year, when the account moved to Dentsu.
Details of the forthcoming campaign strategy are as yet undisclosed, but Strawberry-Frog's activity will include guerilla and non-traditional communications, which will be handled through its sister agency, BlueberryFrog.
The UK business, worth £4m in the past 12 months, is handled by Golley Slater & Partners. It is unclear how StrawberryFrog's win will affect the UK shop's position.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Director Educational Enterprise Harvey Nash Competitive + attractive benefits, Birmingham
- Brand Manager - Country - Online Gaming Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £70000 per annum, South West London
- Creative Artworker Night Shift Creative Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum + pro rata, Uxbridge
- Account Manager - ATL Production - Central London - £30k Source £27000 - £30000 per annum + great prospects, London