StrawberryFrog wins Mitsubishi after five-way battle
By Jenny Watts,, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 November 2002 12:00PM
LONDON - StrawberryFrog has beaten five international networks to win the multimillion-pound pan-European account for Mitsubishi Motors Europe.
The Amsterdam-based shop won the business after a pitch against BBDO Worldwide, Düsseldorf (the global network for DaimlerChrysler that owns 34% of Mitsubishi), Arnold Worldwide's Rempen & Partners, Grey Worldwide and Scholz & Friends.
The incumbent, Asatsu, Japan's third-largest agency, repitched for the account. Asatsu had handled Mitsubishi in Japan until last year, when the account moved to Dentsu.
Details of the forthcoming campaign strategy are as yet undisclosed, but Strawberry-Frog's activity will include guerilla and non-traditional communications, which will be handled through its sister agency, BlueberryFrog.
The UK business, worth £4m in the past 12 months, is handled by Golley Slater & Partners. It is unclear how StrawberryFrog's win will affect the UK shop's position.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account