StrawberryFrog nets Mitsubishi business after five-way battle
By JENNY WATTS, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 November 2002 12:00AM
StrawberryFrog has beaten five international networks to win the multimillion-pound pan-European account for Mitsubishi Motors Europe.
The Amsterdam-based shop won the business after a pitch against BBDO Worldwide, Dusseldorf (the global network for DaimlerChrysler that owns 34 per cent of Mitsubishi), Arnold Worldwide's Rempen & Partners, Grey Worldwide and Scholz & Friends.
The incumbent, Asatsu, Japan's third-largest agency, repitched for the account. Asatsu had handled Mitsubishi in Japan until last year, when the account moved to Dentsu.
Details of the forthcoming campaign strategy are as yet undisclosed, but Strawberry-Frog's activity will include guerilla and non-traditional communications, which will be handled through its sister agency, BlueberryFrog.
The UK business, worth £4 million in the past 12 months, is handled by Golley Slater & Partners. It is unclear how StrawberryFrog's win will affect the UK shop's position.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Motion graphics designer/after effects expert Salt £200 - £300 per day, City of London
- Senior Digital Designer Required | Contract to Permanent Salt £300 - £400 per day, City of London
- Senior Digital Designer Salt £300 - £400 per day, City of London
- Mid Level User Experience Designer Salt £30000 - £45000 per annum + Plus bonus and excellent benefits, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Halifax releases 'holiday dad' campaign