StrawberryFrog nets Mitsubishi business after five-way battle
By JENNY WATTS, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 November 2002 12:00AM
StrawberryFrog has beaten five international networks to win the multimillion-pound pan-European account for Mitsubishi Motors Europe.
The Amsterdam-based shop won the business after a pitch against BBDO Worldwide, Dusseldorf (the global network for DaimlerChrysler that owns 34 per cent of Mitsubishi), Arnold Worldwide's Rempen & Partners, Grey Worldwide and Scholz & Friends.
The incumbent, Asatsu, Japan's third-largest agency, repitched for the account. Asatsu had handled Mitsubishi in Japan until last year, when the account moved to Dentsu.
Details of the forthcoming campaign strategy are as yet undisclosed, but Strawberry-Frog's activity will include guerilla and non-traditional communications, which will be handled through its sister agency, BlueberryFrog.
The UK business, worth £4 million in the past 12 months, is handled by Golley Slater & Partners. It is unclear how StrawberryFrog's win will affect the UK shop's position.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Luxury Designer become £ - Negotiable, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London