Leo Burnett's Conrad retires in the New Year
By JEREMY LEE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 22 November 2002 12:00AM
Michael Conrad, the chief creative officer and vice chairman of Leo Burnett Worldwide, is retiring in the New Year and will hand over responsibility to Miguel Angel Furones.
Furones has already been groomed for the position - in June last year he was named as the deputy chief creative officer. He will continue to be based in Madrid where he most recently served as the chairman of Vitruvio/Leo Burnett Madrid and the regional chief creative officer of Burnett's Europe, the Middle East and Africa region.
Conrad, who will continue to work for Burnett as a consultant, has been in charge of Burnett's global creative output since March 1997. He was an advocate of Burnett's Global Product Committee, the committee that oversees the global creative output of the network.
He arrived at Burnett in 1980 when his own agency Lurzer, Conrad of Frankfurt was merged into the Burnett group. It subsequently became known as Michael Conrad & Leo Burnett.
Before joining the company, he was a co-founder of the Frankfurt office of TBWA, and worked at Ogilvy & Mather and Young & Rubicam in Frankfurt.
"Michael is a true creative ambassador. We've been planning for his retirement to ensure that his legacy lives on under the leadership of Miguel Angelo Furones," Linda Wolf, the Burnett worldwide chairman and chief executive officer, said.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014