Leo Burnett's Conrad retires in the New Year
By JEREMY LEE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 22 November 2002 12:00AM
Michael Conrad, the chief creative officer and vice chairman of Leo Burnett Worldwide, is retiring in the New Year and will hand over responsibility to Miguel Angel Furones.
Furones has already been groomed for the position - in June last year he was named as the deputy chief creative officer. He will continue to be based in Madrid where he most recently served as the chairman of Vitruvio/Leo Burnett Madrid and the regional chief creative officer of Burnett's Europe, the Middle East and Africa region.
Conrad, who will continue to work for Burnett as a consultant, has been in charge of Burnett's global creative output since March 1997. He was an advocate of Burnett's Global Product Committee, the committee that oversees the global creative output of the network.
He arrived at Burnett in 1980 when his own agency Lurzer, Conrad of Frankfurt was merged into the Burnett group. It subsequently became known as Michael Conrad & Leo Burnett.
Before joining the company, he was a co-founder of the Frankfurt office of TBWA, and worked at Ogilvy & Mather and Young & Rubicam in Frankfurt.
"Michael is a true creative ambassador. We've been planning for his retirement to ensure that his legacy lives on under the leadership of Miguel Angelo Furones," Linda Wolf, the Burnett worldwide chairman and chief executive officer, said.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account