OMD beats Universal McCann to Nestle Purina media
By Jeremy Lee,, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 November 2002 11:30AM
LONDON - OMD UK has picked up the £4m media account for Nestle's Purina petfood division, defeating Universal McCann to pick up the centralised business.
The appointment comes four months after DDB Worldwide was handed the creative brief.
Nestle Purina produces brands such as Friskies dog and cat food and the Felix petfood range.
Felix made its TV sponsorship debut earlier this year by tying up with ITV1's Sunday evening show 'You've Been Framed'.
The Nestle Purina division was formed last December when Nestle acquired the US petfood giant Ralston Purina for £7.4bn. Nestle has ambitions to challenge Mars as the world leader in petfood.
The Swiss company estimates the global petfood market is worth £24.5bn.
The review was overseen by Nestle UK media manager Stuart Cox, who took charge of all Nestle's media activity earlier this year.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of Design Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum, Reading
- DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER (Ecommerce, Retail, CRM) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- WEB CONTENT COORDINATOR-(Retail,Ecommerce,CMS,Web Management) Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Community Manager, Integrated Agency, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Creative Artworker Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Volvo van Damme spot nears 60 million YouTube views