Mother reveals comic line in Batchelors spot
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 02 October 1998 12:00AM
Mother launches its first work for Batchelors Pasta ’n’ Sauce this week, with a national TV campaign that drives home the message that the product is an extremely easy meal to prepare.
Mother launches its first work for Batchelors Pasta ’n’ Sauce this
week, with a national TV campaign that drives home the message that the
product is an extremely easy meal to prepare.
The work takes a behind-the-scenes look at the Pasta ’n’ Sauce
’helpline’ headquarters, manned by Billie-Jean and Clive.
Billie-Jean, a middle-aged woman, and Clive, a nervy young redhead, work
in an office where the phone never rings because everyone can master the
Pasta ’n’ Sauce instructions to add milk, stir for ten minutes and eat.
Consequently, the duo’s daily routine revolves around thinking up ways
to stave off boredom.
Clive twangs a ruler on the side of a desk while Billie-Jean enjoys
catching pasta shapes in a cup held by her teeth. Toys are thrown around
and Clive develops a climbing game around the office pipes which, in
turn, Billie-Jean interrupts with games of her own.
Eight executions, all directed by Hank Perlman through Hungry Man, will
air before Christmas.
Paula Quazi, marketing manger at Van den Bergh Foods, said: ’This
advertising is fresh and modern. It’s the sort of work we hoped we’d get
Media planning is by Rocket and buying is through Initiative Media.
Mother won the account from Ammirati Puris Lintas following a two-way
pitch earlier this year.
Batchelors Super Noodles, which is also handled by Mother, also goes on
air this week continuing the established campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Society Marketing Manager - Global Publishing House Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package, Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Digital Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Peterborough
- Technical SEO Account Manager - Leading Mid-size Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, Ipswich
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'