Mother reveals comic line in Batchelors spot
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 02 October 1998 12:00AM
Mother launches its first work for Batchelors Pasta ’n’ Sauce this week, with a national TV campaign that drives home the message that the product is an extremely easy meal to prepare.
Mother launches its first work for Batchelors Pasta ’n’ Sauce this
week, with a national TV campaign that drives home the message that the
product is an extremely easy meal to prepare.
The work takes a behind-the-scenes look at the Pasta ’n’ Sauce
’helpline’ headquarters, manned by Billie-Jean and Clive.
Billie-Jean, a middle-aged woman, and Clive, a nervy young redhead, work
in an office where the phone never rings because everyone can master the
Pasta ’n’ Sauce instructions to add milk, stir for ten minutes and eat.
Consequently, the duo’s daily routine revolves around thinking up ways
to stave off boredom.
Clive twangs a ruler on the side of a desk while Billie-Jean enjoys
catching pasta shapes in a cup held by her teeth. Toys are thrown around
and Clive develops a climbing game around the office pipes which, in
turn, Billie-Jean interrupts with games of her own.
Eight executions, all directed by Hank Perlman through Hungry Man, will
air before Christmas.
Paula Quazi, marketing manger at Van den Bergh Foods, said: ’This
advertising is fresh and modern. It’s the sort of work we hoped we’d get
Media planning is by Rocket and buying is through Initiative Media.
Mother won the account from Ammirati Puris Lintas following a two-way
pitch earlier this year.
Batchelors Super Noodles, which is also handled by Mother, also goes on
air this week continuing the established campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- SEO Executive - Award Winning Digital Marketing Agency ADLIB competitive, Oxford
- Junior Marketing FMCG Jarlett de Grouchy £23000 - £28000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Executive Lipton Fleming £21000.00 - £23000.00 per annum, London
- Digital Account Manager Lipton Fleming £36000.00 per annum, London
- International Search Associate Director Lipton Fleming £55000 - £60000.00 per annum, London
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- Will content kill traditional ad models?