Daily Mail publisher to review consumer website advertising
By MARK SWENEY, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 November 2002 12:00AM
Associated New Media, the digital publishing division of Associated Newspapers, which publishes the Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday, the Evening Standard and Metro, is reviewing its £2 million advertising account.
ANM runs the women's website Femail.co.uk, the online city guide ThisisLondon.co.uk, the personal finance site This is Money, and the holiday planning property This is Travel.
The search for a new agency to handle advertising activity is being run by the Haystack Group. The incumbent on the account is Elliott Borra Perlmutter.
ANM is holding chemistry talks with five agencies with the aim of inviting three to pitch for the account.
The Haystack Group has been tasked to find a brand response agency to develop and reposition each property using press, posters, online and SMS activity to increase consumer visits to the sites.
"We are looking to build the brands while generating a response both off and online," Anne Boundford, the head of marketing at ANM, said.
"The four websites have quite distinct personalities and appeal to different customers, so the task will be to find an agency that can work across all brands and understand the variety of media."
The pitch follows a review earlier this year by ANM of its stable of digital properties and business strategy. In July, ANM sold its directory website, UK Plus, to BTLook-Smart, which runs its own search facilities, to focus on its core content-led portfolio.
In October, Elliott Borra Perlmutter created a radio and poster campaign on London Underground to relaunch ThisisLondon.co.uk.
ANM is owned by the Daily Mail and General Trust.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Web Conversion Analyst Better Placed Recruitment £20000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits, North West England
- Artworker - Mid-Weight Major Players negotiable, London
- Digital Senior Sales Executive Ultimate Asset £28000 - £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Digital Sales Executive Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + excellent benefits, London