Toshiba picks WCRS to create £15m Euro branding campaign
By MARK SWENEY, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 December 2002 12:00AM
The electronic goods manufacturer Toshiba has appointed WCRS to run a £15 million pan-European brand campaign to take on Dell and Hewlett-Packard.
WCRS has been tasked to develop a print and television campaign for Toshiba's computer systems division. It is aiming to increase the profile and awareness of Toshiba and move away from its association with product supply.
The TV campaign, which kicks off in April, aims to raise awareness of Toshiba's products in the increasingly competitive wireless market.
In the UK, the print campaign will launch on 6 January with six executions in a three-month burst of activity.
The media schedule, which has been planned and bought by PHD, focuses on supplements in national newspapers including The Sunday Times, The Observer Magazine and The Sunday Telegraph. Work will also run in weeklies such as The Economist, The Spectator and New Scientist.
The campaign will be overseen by Toshiba's director of marketing communications, Mathias Kramer.
WCRS and Toshiba's European lead agency, Rempen & Partner, have been appointed to implement the brief across Europe. The creative print work has been jointly developed by the two agencies.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Luxury Designer become £ - Negotiable, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London