Govt sees agencies about employment initiative campaign
By JENNY WATTS, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 December 2002 12:00AM
The Government is looking for an agency to encourage small businesses to participate in its Investors in People employment scheme.
The Department of Trade and Industry is talking with Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy, HHCL & Partners and Walsh Trott Chick Smith through COI Communications about the multimillion-pound push to support the campaign, which will launch next year. A pitch decision is expected early next year.
The forthcoming campaign will target entrepreneurs and inform them about the £30 million subsidy announced by the Chancellor of the Exchequer, Gordon Brown, in this year's April budget, which is available to people who are starting small businesses.
The campaign will inform companies how to apply for subsidies and explain the benefits of doing so. It is set to run in conjunction with the National Learning and Skills Council.
The Investors in People initiative provides the national framework and standard for increasing business performance and competitiveness. It is designed to enhance profitability for UK companies.
MCBD already promoted DTI's Business Link scheme, for which it recently produced a campaign featuring children offering business advice.
Brown recently announced measures to encourage small business investment and cut red tape in a bid to rejuvenate the economy and help create employment.
The DTI is also talking to WCRS, one of COI's standby agencies, about a £500,000 ad campaign to promote new parental rights legislation. The campaign will cover the Parental Rights Act and aim to persuade employers of the benefits of allowing parents to operate on more flexible working hours.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £12 - £15 per hour, Cheshunt
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Integrated Designer - AXA Gemini Search £25000.00 - £32000.00 per annum + good benefits, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- 'We will always love M&S' says Walker Media in goodbye statement