OMD UK beats Universal McCann to Nestle Purina media account
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 December 2002 12:00AM
OMD UK has won the £11 million centralised media account for Nestle's Purina petfood division.
The agency defeated Universal McCann to pick up the centralised business. It adds £4 million to OMD's existing Nestle petfoods billings. The appointment comes four months after DDB Worldwide was handed the creative brief.
Nestle Purina produces brands such as Friskies dog and cat food and the Felix petfood range. Felix made its TV sponsorship debut earlier this year by tying up with ITV1's Sunday evening show You've Been Framed.
The Nestle Purina division was formed last December when Nestle acquired the US petfood giant Ralston Purina for £7.4 billion.
Nestle aims to challenge Mars as the world leader in petfood. The Swiss company estimates that the global petfood market is worth $38 billion.
The UK petfood market was worth £1.49 billion in 2001, a rise of 4.2 per cent on 2000, according to the Leatherhead Food Research Association.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Mid Level User Experience Designer Salt £30000 - £45000 per annum + Plus bonus and excellent benefits, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Events & Experiential Live Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, West Midlands
- SEO Account Director - up to £50K plus benefits Salt £45000 - £52000 per annum + £20K OTE, London
- Senior Account Director - Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £60k - £65k, London, Soho
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Halifax releases 'holiday dad' campaign